Friday, October 23, 2009

Introducing USANA's Thomas Kenney

Introducing USANA's MMA Fighter: Thomas Kenney



A few weeks ago, as I perused USANA's Facebook Page, I came across this post from Option Mktg. (Jacob Palmer) and thought it would be perfect to share with What's Up, USANA? readers. The power of social media!

Not long after reading that post, I contacted Thomas Kenney, a full-contact mixed martial artist, an avid USANA product user, and a USANA Associate. One more plug for social media: I initially got in touch with Thomas on Twitter (be sure to follow him).

Thomas, a King of the Cage veteran, will be competing on October 18 (this Sunday) as part of Long Beach Fight Night. He is scheduled to match up against David Gardner at Long Beach City College, a short distance from his hometown of Huntington Beach. So if you're in the area, be sure to get your tickets!

He was nice enough to share a few photos and answer some questions for What's Up, USANA? Enjoy...

USANA: How long have you been competing in mixed martial arts (MMA)? How did you get started in the sport?
Thomas Kenney: I was introduced to MMA in 1994. I was a freshman in high school and my wrestling coach brought in the first UFC [Ultimate Fighting Championship] before a dual meet to pump us up.

Then, during my senior year one of my coaches overheard some of us talking about some trouble that we had gotten into over the weekend. He came up to me and asked me if I thought I was tough. My response as a typical 18 year old was, "Heck yes.....I'm bad." So with that response he told me to stay in shape and he put me in my first pro fight a month later.

USANA: What does it take to be successful in the sport?
Thomas Kenney: To be successful in this sport is extremely hard. You have to make a lot of sacrifices and surround yourself with people that will help guide you and support you. You get what you put into this sport so if you dedicate yourself and work hard then your chances of winning increase.

USANA: What role has USANA played in your training/competition?
Thomas Kenney: I've been taking supplements since I first started training in 1998 and have never stayed loyal to a company the way I have with USANA. Since I began taking USANA supplements I've seen a huge change in my recovery, energy, and my weight management. I also like the benefit of taking reliable and proven products. By working with USANA and taking the products, I've not only helped maintain my health, but I'm also building a network that will continue to work for me long after I'm done fighting.

USANA: Talk a little about your fight on October 18. What are you expecting?
Thomas Kenney: It's part of Long Beach Fight Night being held at Long Beach City College. It's a great event in an awesome venue — there isn't a bad seat in the house and the promoter takes great care of everyone involved.

My opponent is David Gardner. David is extremely tough and has fought all over the world, so this will be a huge test for me. I'm expecting David to come at me and have an exciting non-stop action packed fight ... that's why you guys should all come out and check it out.

USANA: What are your favorite USANA products and why?
Thomas Kenney: Let's see what are my favorite USANA product??? It would be easier to ask me what USANA products I don't use...lol Right now I'm taking Procosa II, BiOmega and the HealthPak 100. I'm also taking Nutrimeal before and after workouts, as well as taking Oatmeal Raisin and Peanut Butter Crunch Nutrition Bars as snacks between meals.

I've been extremely lucky to be involved with USANA. One of my friends gave me a call and introduced me to the company and I've been hooked ever since. The RESET program is by far one of the best weight-management systems I've ever used.

No comments:

Post a Comment